Our ward has its Christmas dinner on the 12th. Eric got to be Santa's helper. He lightened his beard and then put powder in it trying to match Santa. It was fascinating, but not surprising that his beard was strawberry blondish after being lightened. He shaved it off the next morning in stages. He had to shave it off before going to school in 2 weeks anyway, so before church was a good time to say good-bye to it. However, I have to say, I really liked his beard when it was shorter. I will miss it.
 |
| before |
 |
| after |
 |
| Eric the elf |
 |
| having some fun |
 |
| I love the look on Alex's face here |
 |
| Michael looks happy. Eric doesn't. Santa looks...amused? resigned? not sure. |
 |
| everyone's looking happy here |
 |
| poor Santa--he was probably tired of big kids on his lap |
 |
| time to say good-bye to the red whiskers |
 |
| going... |
 |
| going... |
 |
| gone! |
My sub license renewal finally came in Thursday afternoon, so I will be able to sub once the new year starts. I'm glad, but I sure enjoyed my little vacation.
 |
| Thursday's sunset |
Eric attended his last BYU-I Pathways class on Thursday as well. I'm glad he had the chance to participate in that program, but I am also glad that I won't have to drive to Reno every Thursday night and worry about the weather and whether I will feel too tired to drive home.
Ryan arrived home from college safe and sound Friday night. Words can't describe how wonderful it is to have most of us all together. Heather, Andrew, and Henry will spend Christmas with her family in Arizona.
I went to a friend's annual Christmas dinner party on Friday and had a wonderful time. Dinner was "
Hot Brown," which is a famous casserole from a hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. It's made with bread, turkey, ham, cheese sauce, tomato and bacon. Delicious.
We do a white elephant gift exchange every year at the dinner...and some things are a bit scary. I think that award this year goes to a snow globe that you can put a photo in and it plays the Captain and Tennille song "Love Will Keep Us Together." Then there was the box full of things that had been at last year's party. Things liked a used candle and bags that advertise optical lenses. I was very lucky to come home with something I love and can use. It's a subway art Christmas plaque. We also bring little gifts for everyone, so even if you don't score a good white elephant, you leave with some treasures. It truly makes me feel richly blessed to be able to associate with such wonderful, fun women.
 |
| my white elephant |
Sunday was my parents' 59th wedding anniversary. Wow. That is a lot of years. Glen and I will celebrate our 27th in January and that seems like nothing. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
And I finally finished decorating.
 |
| shiny tree |
 |
| animal tree |
 |
| all three (the third tree has the ornaments that aren't just shiny or animals on it) |
 |
| snowflakes in the kitchen window |
No comments:
Post a Comment