Not much news from Ryan, but Mardi Gras season is gearing up. Ryan had his first king cake and liked it.
It's a tradition. A King Cake is where a small plastic baby is baked inside a special cake, which was more like roll dough with sugar on top than cake and was usually shaped like a race track and covered in the Mardi Gras colors of gold, green, and purple when I lived there. I hear they are more like cinnamon rolls and real cake and much yummier these days. Anyway, whoever gets the piece with the baby in it is supposed to supply the next king cake for the next party. They are eaten all season long. Hence the quote Ryan shared from his companion:
"The awkward moment when you're eating food and your biggest concern is choking on a baby." -Elder Bischoff
![]() |
| random photo from the internet to give you an idea... |
Hannah made Jiaxin a birthday gift this week (March 16th is his birthday). It's a pillowcase. She really is talented. It will go with his Christmas gift that I still haven't mailed to him yet (pathetic, no?):
I had a slightly better week subbing, but some happenings still weren't to my liking (e.g. during a gluing project on Friday someone turned an open Elmer's glue bottle upside down in the center hole of a lab table). On Friday, Kerri, the wife of the man I'm subbing for, came in and with Derild's help, we (he) unscrewed the table groupings and we rearranged them, so now the tables are in straight rows. It hopefully should really cut down on the chatting. I look forward to a better week. Three weeks down and 5 to go.
And lastly, I LOVE The Piano Guys. Have I mentioned them before? Piano and cello. Spiced up versions of classical music (like Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Pachelbel) and modern pieces (like Star Wars, Mission Impossible, and A Thousand Years). They have filmed in some amazing locations like on the Great Wall of China, in the ocean, on desert buttes, and now, in an ice castle.
Their newest music video is fabulous. They take music from the new movie "Frozen" and add some of Vivaldi's "Winter" to it. Really cool. For some reason, it won't let me embed the video, but here's the link. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dakd7EIgBE
Have a great week!

I love the Piano Guys. I play them in my classroom all the time. I like to think that it calms the kids down. Or at least it calms me down :)
ReplyDelete