Sunday, February 9, 2014

AM...Studio "P"...pinterest "hard-boiled" eggs...treading water

AM:

Glen's Aunt Margaret  (nicknamed AM by Alan when they were all kids), who is also our next door neighbor, fell and broke her hip this week. :( Our thoughts and prayer are with her and UJ (Uncle Jim) as she recuperates in the hospital.

Studio P:

Monday night some of Glen's students re-enacted a few of the comedy sketches from BYU's show "Studio C" (the C standing for "comedy," I believe). I told Glen we needed to call what he was doing Studio P (p for "phunny???" as well as "Perazzo") or even Studio CCHS. Maybe if they do it again, he'll take my advice. I thought it was a great evening.

They didn't do any of the Shoulder Devil/ Shoulder Angel skits, but maybe next time, they could try one of them. Here's a sampler:


or go here to watch it directly on youtube and to see other sketches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wRdpAz3oM

"Shakespearean Therapy" where Juliet talks to her therapist about Romeo

"Hibiscus" where the Bisque Chef tries to get some edible flowers for his date

"Celebirthary" where the husband has to figure out what the wife is celebrating
Baking "hard-boiled" eggs:

One pinterest idea I've tried lately and love is the recipe for baking hard-boiled eggs instead of boiling them. They peel more easily than the boiled variety (adding baking soda to water helps eggs to peel, but I think baking them is better still). Put your eggs in muffin tins and bake at 325º for 30 minutes. Ta da.

Treading water:

I know the address for my blog is "Treading Water," but I have to say that most of the time I think I'm doing better than just treading. Treading water is when I'm barely keeping my head above water. I'm not drowning, but don't necessarily feel like I'm making progress (other than staying alive and keeping my family alive, which really is worth something).

Life was definitely set on the "treading water" mode when my kids were little. But now that they are older and I only have 2 at home anyway, I could rename the blog "Dog Paddling" (which is my swimming style, btw. nothing elegant for me)... hmm maybe I should rename my other blog to that....

This past week I was treading water. And I probably will be next week too. But the end is in sight, right?

I've started a 2 month subbing job. The teacher, a science teacher at the high school, was set for surgery on the 3rd, but then got the flu 6 days before that. So, long story short--things weren't really ready for me to take over.

In case you don't know this about me, I'm lazy. Of course, I don't say I'm lazy usually. I say I'm low energy. Usually if I sub, I come home and I'm "done." I get very little extra done. So, my house slowly falls apart. I think it's funny that about a week after I decided I was going to sub less so I could get and keep my house in order, I was asked if I could take this long term job.


So, I survived the week, though I wish I knew on Monday what I know now as I would have changed the lesson plans left for me. Yesterday I was working on plans for next week. Can I just say that I love YouTube? Here's part of tomorrow's lesson (we're only using the first 9 minutes):


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment