Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween, Elder Zhao, Ryan's 1/4th done, Hannah's hair, and the Cooking Show

First off, our friend, Shelly, is still in the hospital and sedated. Our continued thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. There is a fundraiser on Monday November 5th for her. It's a spaghetti feed at CCMS at 5:30, if you want to come. I was told there was a little bit of improvement seen in her on Friday.

UPDATE FROM SAM's facebook account as of 5:30 pm Sunday night:
  
I know I have not updated Shelly's condition for awhile. She has been sedated for 5 days and we have been trying to wake her up for the last 2. She is being stubborn. Her white blood count is up to 2.1 now. Her body is fighting a terrible infection but she is not septic. I have already been told three times that she was not going to make it. She is still here and we are going to make it through this. Thanks for all your prayers. They are working.

 (I am now crying)


It was another full week for us.

Tuesday gave us a thrill when it snowed for about 4 hours in the morning. It stopped snowing around noon and within 30-60 minutes, most of the snow had melted. I was sad that I didn't have the opportunity to take a photo, but I was able to borrow a photo. I love this photo.
Carol Amos's photo of it snowing in Fallon 10-29-2013
Tuesday night was our ward's Trunk or Treat night and chili cook off. I don't have a photo of me, but Alex and I did the same thing...wore pajamas, a robe, and put Got 2B Glued in our hair so it was sticking out. Hannah and Glen came from play practice and just went as themselves.
Alex and Orin ready for some treats
The other big thing to happen on Tuesday night was that Jiaxin was set apart as a missionary. He entered the MTC on Wednesday and will be there until about November 20th when he and his companion will head out to Arcadia, California.
Pres. Wadsworth, Pres. Egbert, Elder Zhao, Bro. Marker, Bishop Wadsworth, Bro. Johnson, Jason, Glen
no more hugs for 2 years
Jiaxin with his companion, Elder Lee, who also already speaks Mandarin
Ryan hit his 6 month mark on Friday, November 1st. It's so hard to believe that his mission is 1/4th over! Since we haven't received any photos of him since July, this older photo will have to do.

Hannah got her haircut on Saturday. Her friend, Jenna, who's in beauty school, did the cutting. We think it turned out great. (I took this photo from Jenna's facebook page and will replace it with a better one once we have one.)

DonNell's birthday was in October, but she chose her birthday celebration to be us attending the Taste of Home Cooking Show in Reno on Saturday November 2nd. We've attended the show in past years and it's always a lot of fun. Sadly this year none of us won any of the door prizes, but we have some delicious-sounding recipes we want to try out.

After the show, we went out to eat at a little out of the way café--Opa's Café in Reno. They serve Greek and Italian food and it was delicious--especially their tzatziki sauce. We need to go back again and try out some other items on the menu that we were forced to leave behind this trip. Like the mousaka. And eggplant parmesan. And the pastitsio...
Mary, Terra, Kara, Jennifer, Beth, and DonNell

And, lastly, I did a post this week on my family history blog about a new tool called rootsmapper. Check it out, if you are interested.

http://turningourhearts-beth.blogspot.com/2013/11/rootsmapper.html


No comments:

Post a Comment