Sunday, April 14, 2013

insanity is setting in

OK, maybe insanity is too strong of a word. Moments of "deer in the headlights" is more the feeling. The "ack!" of realizing what the next few weeks means and brings. It's wonderful, but it's a lot.

Ryan made it home last night...they (Ryan and Paden) left Friday morning and didn't get far before Paden's car started acting up. Paden's dad went to the rescue, but they spent the night in Pocatello (the boys taking in a few movies while waiting for the calvary) and came home on Saturday. It is SO good to see Ryan's smile again...(our laptop died and we haven't skyped lately).

Laptop. Yeah, Hannah was skyping when the screen went black a few weeks ago. Turns out the computer now says it doesn't have an operating system. We can't find the discs to revive it... Ryan is now home with his computer so we can skype again... but we still need to find or buy the OS discs. Minor problem at the moment.

Ryan did not go suit shopping in Rexburg and since we have 17 days before he leaves, that becomes our first priority for him.

Another priority, though it's an easier task--I need to hem his white pants before he goes to the temple for the first time this Friday. Wow. Ryan going to the temple! I'm so excited. Friday the 19th is also Mom and Dad Perazzos 55th wedding anniversary.

On Sunday the 21st, I get to teach my first lesson to the Beehive class at church.  I'm a bit nervous about it...I don't consider myself an interesting teacher. I love studying the material, so I just hope my enthusiasm for the gospel makes up for my lack of skills. I'm working on my skills, though.

A few days after that, it'll be Heather going to the temple for the first time. The next day is the wedding--and seeing Eric in the temple for a few minutes. Then the luncheon. And 2 days later the Open House.

There's still a lot to pull together, and though I don't doubt it'll happen (I'm so grateful for my friends to have offered to help), it tends to overload my brain at times. Andrew married...and all that that entails with the plans and the parties and the traveling.

Then it's Ryan getting set apart as a missionary and me taking him to the MTC. AFter that, it's the wedding reception in Mesa.

And then life will slow down. In three weeks I will be able to relax a little. I look forward to all these events, but it's nice to know that I will be able to relax afterwards.

And then it'll be summer. I have lots to look forward to.




1 comment:

  1. My computer did a similar thing where it said that there was no operating system. If you use Ryan's laptop, you can put a program called Ubuntu onto a flash drive, then tell the laptop to boot to the USB drive. Essentially ubuntu is a free operating system for your computer. The instructions are all at the website (http://www.ubuntu.com/) on how to do this; it's how I saved all my docs when my laptop died this December.

    Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete