Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter and a change in my church calling

Easter:

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said...
~Matthew 28:6

That is one of the best scriptures ever.

Another one is the testimony of Joseph Smith and Sidney Ridgon:

And now, after the may testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
~ Doctrine and Covenants 76:22

I do not do well in expressing my testimony...it is a very weird thing for me to put it into words--especially written words, but hope that how I live expresses my feelings on the Father, the Savior, His gospel and His church. They are real. They love us and have prepared the way for us. I hope to always walk in that way.


Change in my calling:

My time as Primary President has come to an end (over 3 1/2 years worth). And I'll be going back to what I was doing when I was called to work in the Primary--I'll be an advisor in the Young Women's program. Though before I worked with the Mia Maids (ages 14 & 15) and now I'll have the Beehives (ages 12 & 13). That means I'll probably teach the Sunday lessons 3 Sundays a month. And attend our Tuesday night activities when I can (which should be almost always). And maybe go to young women's camp.

This may wind up being a tougher gig than being the Primary President. I don't consider myself a good teacher, so I guess I hope to improve my skills in that area. The girls are great, so that shouldn't be a problem. There are only 5. My life is so focused on Ryan's mission and Andrew and Heather's wedding that I'm not even really thinking about my new calling. I have a few weeks before I teach my first lesson, so I guess that's OK.

1 comment: