I think I finally found a chocolate chip cookie recipe I'm happy with. Often I just use the recipe on the back of the chip packages and usually I am disappointed as I keep having to add more flour as my text cookie doesn't have enough body and is thin and anemic looking. Then I am not totally happy with the cookie. My family likes a certain recipe that uses shortening, but I don't really like shortening in my cookies.
So here's the recipe we've used several times lately and I'm going to stick with it:
Chocolate (or any flavor) Chip Cookies
mix together and set aside:
2 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
cream together:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar if you like a softer cookie, like I do
or 1/2 brown and 1/2 white, or even 1 cup white sugar if you like crunchier cookies
then add:
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Now mix in the flour mixture without over beating.
Add:
2 cups of desired chips
Use small cookie scoop. Put on ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 375º for 10 minutes. Makes 46 cookies with my scoop.
I think I might play with adding oat flour or bean flour next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment