| Hannah used the hot glue gun to put words on jars and then spray painted them black |
| I took an Andes mint 3 layer cake recipe and turned it into a bundt cake--their's is prettier, but mine's less work...maybe |
| yes, steam ironing your floor with an ammonia solution really helps to get it clean--just don't breath the fumes |
| Hannah has now taught Skylar how to do melted crayon art |
WEATHER:
| only our 2nd light dusting of snow this winter, though the other side of town got more than we did |
| OK, not really weather, but another colorful evening |
Glen and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary on the 21st. We went out to lunch. Didn't take any pictures. That's about as exciting as it gets around here, but that's OK with us. Happy Anniversary Glen!
UTAH TRIP:
Each winter we take Glen's theatre students to the Utah Theatre Association's Conference. This year it was hosted by BYU...so we got to see Andrew! We had 20 students and 6 adults total.
I did not attend any workshops (Ryan really learned how to juggle this year in the same workshop I attended last year, but I still can't juggle and he can), but I did see "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare, "Don't Drink the Water" by Woody Allen (a few of the jokes went over my head while a lot of the jokes went over the student's heads. I thought it was hysterical...Ryan thought it was OK), and "Cyrano" by whoever it was. All fabulous productions. I also saw the performance of an improv comedy group "Thrillionaires" perform an improv musical. LOVED them.
I spent a little bit of time in the Family History Center on campus. I don't know yet if my time there was worth anything...I need to order a death certificate and see if it was.
Then, I got to go to lunch with Colette, a friend from my freshman year at college. I am so sad I forgot to take a picture of her! But, we had a lovely looooong lunch at Heaps Brick Oven Pizza. I've seen her a few times since college, but not in the last 5 years or so. She's my age and has 7 grandchildren. Yikes.
I bumped into nephew Brandon on campus. Glen bumped into niece Alicia. Met up with niece Sarah so I could deliver a package.
Too much fun...except for the bus rides in the middle of the night. But even they weren't too bad this time around. I didn't freeze and was able to get some sleep.
| meeting up with Andrew in the CougarEat (Ryan, Beth, Glen, Andrew, Hannah) |
| my son is the one making a face at me |
BUS RIDE HOME:
Why did I post 4 nearly identical photos? Notice my daughter and her expressions...she takes after her brother, perhaps. Scott is also following in the wrong footsteps. Notice how nicely everyone else is posing?
| notice Skylar's "what the heck?" look towards Hannah and Scott |
Until next time. Chao.
Wow! Busy, talented, yummy. anniversarial (not a word...but I like it!), familial fun!
ReplyDelete