Saturday, June 25, 2011

more summer activities

Besides counting down the days till Andrew comes home...

1st day we started the chain--June 12th

...and taking naps on Sunday (and napping other days of the week as well)...


...and trying to rescue baby birds (if it weren't for the dogs getting to him--and Alex doesn't know yet that's how he died--I think he had a good chance of living as he was a good eater)...

yes, that's a worm sticking out of his mouth...eww


 ...and enjoying Father's Day...

in Primary we made photo tie tacks for the fathers using ink jet shrinky dinks!

...and doing lots and lots of cleaning (I'm sure we'll post Hannah's garage cleaning job when she's finished)...

...we have also enjoyed a few other activities:

The museum had its annual ice cream social on June 9th. Not only did we get ice cream, Glen was given their volunteer of the year award (he used to be on the board of directors and the last few years he's been one of their bookkeepers). His name is now on the broken hammer plaque hanging in the museum. He was given a gift certificate to The Wok restaurant. Glen and I had lunch there on Thursday and only used 1/2 the amount, so we get to go back!


On June 16th Glen and Ryan (along with David and Michael, Alan and Brent, and some other young men in our ward and some ward leaders) went river rafting in California and then took in a Reno Aces baseball game (the Aces won, in case you were wondering). I have no photos. :(

Last night was stamping at Michelle's. These were the cards we made:
Toni's card--you'd never know she was new to stamping

Tina's card
Michelle's card--the dry embossing machine is the new rage
Becky's card (with more dry embossing)
one of my offerings--I have a hard time choosing just one design

my other offering...variation from the first

Today Glen, Eric, and Ryan are up at Buck's Lake (about a 3 hour drive from here) shoveling snow and getting it ready for Young Women's camp next week. Hannah will be a 4th year, which means she gets to go on the hike and sleep on the trail with the other 4th year girls and their leaders.

Hannah spend the night a Walley's Hot Springs with her friend Jamee as well as her cousin Madison and Aunt Carey.

I am still in the middle of my cleaning projects, but everything should be ready by the time Andrew arrives home on Friday. We still need to get a bed in Eric's room for Andrew, but that won't be a problem.

BYU's Education Week is less than 2 months away now and I am spending some of my time looking at the class offerings (half the fun of attending Ed Week is planning what you are going to do and see once you are there). This year's theme is "That All May Be Edified." Just found out that one of the evening performances available is Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida. I saw the Pleasant Grove High School perform it a few years ago as part of Glen's annual Utah Thespian high school conference and loved it. Deni (who will be at Ed Week with me) isn't familiar with it, so I put the songs I could find from it at the top of my playlist.


So, that's what's happening here...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been SUPPER busy. I love you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I remember my mom helping us save baby birds. We'd feed them mashed-up hard boiled egg yolks. (Canabalistic?) I love your tie tacks!!! What a great idea!(Chels and N8 did the same thing for Craig for Father's Day. How weird is that????) Where did you get the basic parts? (I sould find any and just used old pins from PTA.) 'Love your cards too! You're much too talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tie tack idea, Debbie. Wish I had given you credit in my post! I got the parts at Fallon Craft and Frame...which is now out of business, sadly.

    ReplyDelete