Ryan, Hannah, and Alex did all managed to get Perfect Attendance Awards. How'd that happen? Well, we generally are a healthy family and since Glen is a school teacher we never go on vacation during the school year. So congratulations to my healthy children. I think Eric would have earned one, too, if they gave them out for college. Hey, and Glen, too. He didn't use any sick days this year.
So, summer began with Glen and me starting to take our walks down Perazzo lane and back. We haven't missed a day yet (today was day 10).
| nothing exciting...just part of the view from our walk |
Saturday June 4th also started my intense cleaning schedule for the month. I started with the closet in my bathroom that was full to overflowing with material and crafting supplies. I have pictures...but no cord to connect my camera to the computer so I can download them...
This past week I actually spent 4 days, all day, cleaning and organizing the kitchen. I discovered why it is so hard for me to keep my "tupperware" cabinets in order...I had over 38 differently shaped containers in there--some stacked nicely, but some didn't. Got rid of some and things are much better. One day was spent in the pantry. This week's areas are the bathrooms and the kids' bedrooms (which they'd already begun). We should have the house all in order by the time Andrew comes home.
This past week Ryan went to Utah for Especially For Youth, a really neat week long religious camp at BYU (they have it at other places, but Ryan and his cousin Michael went to the one on the BYU Provo campus). He had a great time. He arrived home Saturday afternoon and is really missing his new friends.
Even with Ryan being gone, we were not one short this week. Hannah's friend Jamee, who is from Fallon and will be back here in the fall, has been living in Hawaii for the past year with her family--her Dad is military and is stationed over there for a few more months. She came to visit and spent the week at our house. Hannah (who was also busy this past week taking driver's ed...and has it again this week) had a great week visiting with her friend.
Alex is participating in the summer reading program at our library as well as playing with his cousins.
So, not too exciting around here (at least from Eric's point of view), but our summer is off to a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment