Tuesday, June 1, 2010

kids' stuff

Starting with this morning and working backwards--Hannah is 14 1/2 today. It's also her good friend Becky's 14 1/2 birthday. At 9 last night ('cause that's about the time she got back from Becky's house) she starts baking a cake. Turns out she decided it was time to make fondant frosting for the first time. I have never made fondant myself. I was skeptical, but she did a great job. She finished up the cake this morning and it's adorable.

The finished product:


Yesterday was Memorial Day, but we went to the cemetery on Sunday evening...after Eric's seminary graduation.

















Ryan and Glen






















Eric



Saturday night Ryan and Michael went on a double-date. Yikes.

Andrew went to his Junior and Senior Proms (then dated while at college). Eric went to his Senior Prom. That's as much dating as we've had up till now...Ryan, as usual,  is going in different directions than his brothers, making his parents adjust. I'm sure we'll survive.

Oh, and on Saturday night, Glen and I finally saw the final episode of LOST. I am more lost than ever. If anyone understands the timeline, I'd love to have a conversation with you.

Friday night was a ward dinner-Hillbilly Hoedown. It was a hoot. I think the funniest part was went they went outside to play Hillbilly horseshoes...using toilet seats instead of horseshoes. The pie eating contest was great...but I didn't have my camera. Hannah, Ryan, and Glen all participate. Great fun.

Thursday night was Awards Night for the swimming team. Ryan will be getting a letter (to go on his non-existent jacket...) for his participating on the swim team (as I said, he goes in a different direction than his brothers). The captains, Ben and Chris, also gave out awards. Ryan earned the "Studmuffin" award...so I asked him, "What? Do you go around flexing your muscles all the time?" No, apparently for some reason unknown to me, his cousin Michael gave him the nickname [though it is better than his elementary school nickname of Grave Digger, I think I prefer his other school nickname of Queso (he loves cheese)]. I think we'll survive Ryan.

Well, that catches you up for now. Can't believe it's June. Can't believe it's almost time for summer break!

1 comment:

  1. Great looking cake!!! (And you even got a picture of Hannah to boot!)

    ReplyDelete