Sunday, January 18, 2009

my obsession with Spanish, revisted

So, today at church I was asked by a member of our ward how my Spanish was. I laughed and said I had been studying it recently and had he known that.

He said no, but he was in charge of finding Sacrament meeting speakers for our local Spanish branch and they had given him a list of names (and mine was on it...it's been a few years since I've talked there, but I have done it a few times). So sometime soon I will be giving a talk to our Spanish branch.

The funny thing is, I felt something like this was going to happen. I don't consider myself to be good at understanding what the Spirit tells me, but I have noticed that sometimes what I am "obsessed" with winds up being useful.

For example, sometimes I go months and barely touch the piano, but then I'll get this desire to practice a lot. Then all of a sudden, I have to fill in for someone at church, and because I had been recently practicing, I do an OK job.

So when I got this big desire to work on my Spanish I wondered if I was being prompted to get ready for some situation where it would be helpful. Hmmm.

1 comment: