Many years ago a few women in our ward started a scrapbooking get together. Once a month we would meet at someone's home and bring projects to work on...many of the original members have moved away, but we have found a few more to take their place.
A few years ago Jennifer said we should change the name from scrapbooking to something else, since scrapbooking was one of the least worked on activities when we met. Don't know who (think it was Terra?) suggested calling it Intervention Night. We loved the idea and have adopted that as our name.
Friday night I took a turn and had it at my house. What a wonderful time. We ate and talked and some even managed to get some things done as well (I worked on deciding what photos taken on our Alaskan cruise last July are worth printing...I'm only a little behind on printing my photos...). It truly is an intervention...for we all gain a little of our sanity back.
So thanks DonNell, Suzie, Jennifer, Terra, Heidi, Kim, and Jana for driving so far to come to my place, eat my food, and keep me mentally well. The fact that I got less than 3 hours sleep that night was well worth it.
So, who's having it next month?
I can't remember if it was me or not, but I will take the credit for the success. We can do it at my house.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Beth, for a lovely evening! I love you girls so much, and your friendship means more to me than words can express. I think I want to have it at my house...will the 6th work?
ReplyDeleteYou are turning into quite the blogger! I always have fun when I'm with such good friends -- it helps keep me sane for another month. (Yes, just like my bills, my sanity is month-to-month!)
ReplyDelete