Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas, revisited

OK, so I mentioned my favorite gift was the ceramic bowl from my sister. But there were other items that really pleased me as well, and none of them were expensive.

For example, a $6 pair of dangley earrings from the local museum gift shop (which was from Glen...he actually was there with me when I picked them out!).

Then there's the uber-soft, dusty blue throw blanket my parents gave us. Pure luxury.

And I am absolutely loving my new book "Crepúsculo." It's the Spanish version of "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. I sometimes read my scriptures in Spanish and understand almost everything I read there, but I get to school and talk to the students or watch a Spanish TV show and I have a very hard time understanding what is being said. Part of the problem there is lack of vocabulary in certain areas...like any area other than religion. It's been 23 years since I got back from my mission in Uruguay and I don't get much practice. I have underlined a lot of words in the book so I can study the vocab...what I need now is practice in listening to native speakers. Anyway, it's fun.

And the greatest "gift" of all is being together...and the kids are actually getting along.... It's a wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Twilight, Twilight, Twilight = Blah, Blah, Blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just discovered your blog - its great! Glad to have you as a fellow blogger ;). Hope you know that means that I'll be blog-stalking you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete