Saturday, December 4, 2021

November--Alex is home! Eric's birthday

The main events in November dealt with the fact that Alex completed his 2 year mission for our Church. Glen and I went and picked him up in Salt Lake and did a quick, mini tour of his mission.

The night we picked him up, we made a few visits in Salt Lake and spent the night with Jerome, a man who had worked with Alex and the missionaries. The next day we traveled to Rock Springs, Wyoming to do some more visiting. That evening, we traveled back to the Salt Lake area, spent the night at Jacob's, played games (I really liked Space Base), and headed home on Friday. Alex (and Eric) spoke in church that Sunday.

Glen, Eric, Alex, and I traveled to Mesa to visit Andrew, Heather, Henry, and Joy that week. Our visit included, as expected, lots of game playing and celebrating Eric and Joy's birthdays, but we also got to attend martial arts class with Henry and go through the Mesa Arizona Temple open house, one of which was really fun and the other of which was very cool. The Church had just finished a major renovation of the Mesa Temple and had an open house before it gets rededicated this next Sunday (12-12-21)

For Thanksgiving, the 4 of us went across the street to Alan and Debbie's house and had a wonderful afternoon there. (I believe I have a picture of this on some device. I will have to find it and add it to the post later)

Got our trees up and decorated. Made my Christmas cards. Life is good.

going out on visits in Salt Lake

thought it was going to snow on us in Rock Springs, but it didn't

the tradition continues with the styrofoam cup welcome home sign

Eric (30) blowing out his candle with his hands

Joy (4) enjoying her cake

we attended Henry's martial arts class workout to "earn our turkey"

Ex Libris with Eric, Andrew, Heather, and Alex (I love this game)

stopping for a burger at Middlegate on our way home from Mesa

red, silver, and gold this year


1 comment:

  1. My dad started the release time
    Seminary program in Rock Springs. My twin sisters were born while they live there! That burger also looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete