Sunday, March 22, 2020

week 1, kind of like Spring Break

This week was a bit crazy. It does kind of seem like a vacation, but we are definitely watching the news carefully and we spend a lot of time washing our hands.

Wednesday there was a 5.7 earthquake in the Salt Lake area. Alex is fine, but they are having to stay in their apartment and do their missionary work via technology, They were given extra money and time to go grocery shopping so they could stock up. He seems to be doing very well.

Then on Friday the Carson area had a 4.5 earthquake. Some in Fallon felt it, though none of us here did.

Glen didn't go to school this week, but had to still do plenty of school work in preparing lesson plans that can be done remotely. Remote learning (or whatever it's being called) started on Wednesday.  The soonest school would resume would be Thursday, April 16th, but we are thinking it won't happen that soon.

Glen and Angeles, with some help from Ryan, spent time preparing a spot and then planted peas, lettuce, and spinach. We hope to get part of the big garden rototilled this week so other things can be planted. Glen also took the time to make grape-nuts. They are quite good! He wants to make wheat thins next.

Hannah and I tackled trying to declutter and organize the back bedrooms. She is going to use her new interior design skills to redo Alex's bedroom.

Besides that project, I got to play more with alcohol inks. My friend had a birthday this week and 4 of us got together to decorate ceramic tiles. It was so much fun that I came home and did a few more. I also sewed my quilt block from last month's museum class and made myself a new apron. So, it sounds like I was productive, but I also really wasted a lot of time this week.



And, of course, we have taken the opportunity to play some games.




Yesterday, March 21st, was the 45th anniversary of my baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a great blessing my membership in this Church has been. I can't imagine my life without its guiding principles and am really looking forward to General Conference in 2 weeks.

Yesterday was also an important day in that my brother-in-law, Alan, got married! I haven't even met Debbie yet as I was in Oregon when she came to a family dinner here. Due to COVID-19, we weren't invited to the wedding. No matter. We wish them the best and as she will now live across the street from me, I'm sure I'll meet her at some point!

We had been to the store several times this past week, but are going to try and not even do that this next week. Really trying to quarantine ourselves. We are making the best of it, and at this time are doing well, but we realize not everyone is. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who are struggling.

2 comments:

  1. What game are you playing? I can't tell. *shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see the box now. Play Nine. I've never played it.

    ReplyDelete