Sunday, January 27, 2019

30th anniversary

Thirty years under our belts and eternity to go.

So, Monday was Glen's and my anniversary. For the first time in 30 years, I dared to try on my wedding dress...that has been sitting in a dry cleaner's box all that time (so it was just a little wrinkled).

I was able to get it on...though it took 2 other people to get me into the dress...one to hold the 2 sides of the zipper together and the other to actually zip up the zipper. I weigh 10 pounds more than when I married (but 40 pounds less than my all-time high), so it was a tight fit. I lasted for about an hour before I decided I'd really rather breathe than continue wearing the dress. But it was so much fun wearing it for a while.




That evening we showed "The Mad Adventures of Rabbi Jacob" at the old movie theatre. It was the first movie Glen and I saw together, which was soon after we first met. It wasn't a date, though, but a church activity our singles ward had. We did travel to the MGM Grand in the same car, however.

It's a 1973 French film about a racist French man who has to go into hiding as a Jewish rabbi. Very silly and a lot of fun, subtitles and all. Apparently it's currently available on Amazon Prime Video because Ryan and Angeles joined us in spirit by watching it up in Idaho.

waiting for the movie to start

We also managed to finally take down our Christmas decorations this week, which though it seems late, it was earlier than we managed to get them down last year (but last year we had a forest of trees up and this year we only had 3 and they were barely decorated...so why did it take us so long? Don't know).

I had my first pottery studio class on Friday--it's not for credit, just for fun. I'm excited to work with clay again. I've started on some valentine's projects, though I doubt they will be done by Valentine's Day.

In other news, Alex participated in a math competition yesterday. He came in second in his category, earning himself a couple of gift cards. Congratulations, Alex!

And then today, we were to have a baby shower for Brent and Alice's baby...only Alice went into labor and couldn't come. We gathered for cake and ice cream anyway, and while the party was going on we received the good news that Alice had given birth to a baby boy, Hunter. He was 7 lbs 6 oz and that's all the details I have at this point. Congratulations Brent and Alice!

No comments:

Post a Comment