The Perazzo Family Reunion was the first weekend of August. AWESOME! We were at a camping grounds in Heber City, Utah. Some family members that we hadn't seen in years were able to be there. Great people. Great times.
 |
| Henry playing on our bunk bed |
 |
| Ben beat me in this "Minute to Win It" contest...emptying a box of kleenex one tissue at a time |
 |
| Eric and Alicia's Minute to Win It was to empty the ping pong balls from the kleenex boxes |
 |
| Heather, Brandon (as moderator), Alex, Ryan, and Hannah playing "Family Feud" |
 |
| Glen's nap is about to end |
 |
| Henry! |
 |
| Hannah used her awesome silk screening skills to make "Perazzo Family Reunion" t-shirts |
 |
| Mom and Dad P answering questions about themselves (in their t-shirts) |
 |
| Henry and Ryan facing off |
 |
| Heather and Hannah participating in the talent show |
 |
| Andrew, Henry, Heather, and Baby Girl Perazzo |
Then school started on August 14th.Alex is now a junior and Glen has started his 29th year of teaching. Good luck, boys!
 |
| they seem happy enough to be heading back |
Seminary started on August 21st. I have 12 freshmen in my class...4 girls and 8 boys...and I'm loving it. They are amazing and I love being with them. We are studying the Book of Mormon this year and it's going to be fantastic.
On Thursday the 24th I got a text asking if we were interested in having a foreign exchange student. Just a few weeks ago the idea had popped into my head that I'd be interested in doing that, but since school was about to start, I figured it was too late for this year. Within 24 hours of the text, our application was in and Hannah and I had chosen 2 boys to be ours.
The application was approved and now we are just waiting for Tuesday the 5th when they should be flying in. Hannah, Alex, and I are so excited. Glen is okay with it, but does not have the level of excitement as the rest of us.
Kyung Dae is a freshman from South Korea. His bio says he likes computers, museums, photography, playing board games (he won us over with that one), traveling, and walking.
"Sam" is from Thailand. His birthday is next Sunday, making him exactly one month older that Alex, so he is an 11th grader. His bio says that he likes basketball, hiking/backpacking, martial arts, music, swimming, and tennis (he won us over with that one).
Can't wait for next Tuesday!
 |
| The 29th was Adam's birthday, so I went and visited him this week |
Alex, who had his first tennis match on Tuesday (and his second on Thursday), hopes that Sam will be a really good player and be able to help the team out.
In other Alex news--he passed his driver's test on Wednesday and so is now a licensed driver (ack!!!). His first solo drive was to Harmon Junction to get himself a much-deserved ice cream cone, of course. Then this morning he got to drive himself to his new job at Lattin Farms. Our baby is no longer a baby.
 |
| and this is just a picture I took on one of my morning walks this week |
Lastly, Ryan is coming home this weekend and will be here this evening. He's only staying till Wednesday, but at least he'll get to meet Kyung-Dae and Sam.
It's going to be a crazy week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment