Yesterday Glen and I attended our Stake's Family History Fair. We thought it was very helpful.
For instance, we learned how to access the info at Ancestry.com through our familysearch.org accounts so that we don't have to pay for an Ancestry membership anymore, saving us a few hundred dollars a year. Fabulous. We also learned how to perform better searches at Ancestry. Plus there were some helpful hints for dealing with familysearch as well.
The following are photos of my great-great grandparents that I found on Ancestry yesterday. I had not had photos of them, so I'm really excited about this. Now I want to hunt down other photos to add to my albums...and add a few new ones of my own. While I was in Oregon last week, my parents gave me some more old family photos to add to my collection. I want to make a new family photos wall. I also need to scan them and get them onto the computer and up at familysearch and ancestry.
![]() |
| Mary Elizabeth Purdy Jervis 1825-1897 |
![]() |
| Scudder Carll Jervis (1823-1907) |
...that means that Monday the 21st will be the 41st anniversary of my baptism into the Mormon Church. Best decision ever.
...that also means that it was time to finish taking down Christmas. It takes a while to take down 5 trees. Two trees still need to go in their boxes, but all the ornaments are off of them and soon my living room will seem empty. Hannah wishes the trees were still up. Too funny.
...that also means it's time for March Madness! The one time a year where we pay attention to the sporting world. We will be filling out our brackets very soon. Of course it's total guessing on our part, but it's a blast. You can go and fill out your own brackets at ESPN.
Let the smack talk begin! (or at least it can begin as soon as I fill out my bracket and have chosen who I hope will win the tournament)


No comments:
Post a Comment