Our tree is decorated (thanks to Glen and the boys putting on white and colored lights this year):
http://yesterfood.blogspot.com/2014/03/pistachio-kiss-pudding-cookies.html
(I use 1/4 cup flour instead of 2 tablespoons and the cookies are 1 tablespoon-sized and not 2 tablespoon-sized as the recipe calls for so it make about 56)
We've been busy with various holiday activities. So the highlights of our Christmas season so far:
On the 8th I got together with some friends to celebrate my birthday. I made the above-mentioned cookies. We also made divinity and a raspberry crumble dessert, plus peppermint bark was provided fro us. Delicious stuff.
On the 9th we had a Relief Society activity where we went caroling. There were 5 of us and I think we sounded pretty good. I'm sure the cookies we brought were even more appreciated than our singing. Good times. (yup, I brought the pistachio kiss cookies)
Glen and I saw the local production of "The Nutcracker" on the 12th. When the kids were little and Glen would get free tickets for helping with the light and sound, we went several years in a row, but I haven't been in a long time because I didn't really enjoy those productions much. I guess it's because of trying to keep the children quiet and happy, because I really loved the show this time around. I also knew a lot of the kids who were dancing, so I'm sure that added to the enjoyment. They did a marvelous job.
Glen, Alex, Eric, and I went to a handbell ensemble concert on the 13th. WOW. Loved it. There are 14 members of the group Tintabulations, one of whom is our new high school librarian. In between each piece, one or two of the group members would share a favorite Christmas memory. It really was excellent--perfect for bringing the Christmas spirit. I even bought their Christmas CD. Go to their website and check them out. They have a few videos up. I recommend "The First Noel."
http://tintabulations.com
http://tintabulations.com/first-noel-performed-tintab/
Then at church on the 14th, Hannah and Eric sang the Primary version of "Away in a Manger" while I accompanied them. I think they did a great job. And I didn't really mess up, so that was nice, too.
Later that night we attended the baptism of our great-niece. Congratulations Brinley!
Monday the 15th we had Alex play hooky (we didn't let Glen play hooky, however) and Alex, Eric, Hannah, and I went to Reno to shop. It was a good day. Even if we went to 3 stores with Alex to get clothes and in the end he only got a $1 t-shirt from a thrift store. But it was fun to be together.
That night Glen, Alex, Eric, and I went Christmas caroling with a friend, Jody, and her friends. Yup, pistachio kiss cookies were my offering (I told you it was my go-to recipe this year).
On Wednesday night my parents drove in and spent 2 nights. They are now at my sister's for Christmas. On Thursday we went Christmas shopping and out to eat (the spinach and cheese ravioli at Don Julio's was the best).
Friday night I went to a Christmas dinner (delicious quiches) and white elephant gift party (I took partially used lotions, nail polish, and shampoo and came home with 6 adorable Christmas ornaments). I brought pistachio kiss cookies, of course. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women. It was a fabulous evening. Thanks Jennifer and everyone.
| one of my new ornaments |
And cold. Cold really helps me feel in the mood for Christmas. Well, it's been kind of cool, but not really cold. So I'm feeling a little "not Christmasy." I guess I could turn down the heat...
But Andrew and Heather are coming in for the holidays. Monday night the family is going caroling (and I'm bringing gingerbread cookies...and pistachio kiss cookies) and on Thursday we will get to hear from Ryan! I'm sure I'll be feeling Christmasy-enough by then.
How blessed we are to have each other and the knowledge of Christ and His atonement in our lives. Merry Christmas everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment