Sunday, September 28, 2014

quick trip to Utah for a wedding

The past 2 weeks have been a lot like the previous weeks. Seminary. Work. Very little house work. Repeat. Friday after school, though, Glen, Alan, and I drove to Utah arriving at the hotel just in time to go to bed.

Saturday morning we were at the Bountiful Temple by 8:30 for our niece's wedding. Andrew and Heather (along with a bunch of other family members) met us there.

Haley and her Matt were sealed by Grandpa at 9. What a beautiful, peaceful feeling to be in the sealing room with your family. Teresa and her Matt must have been on cloud 9 to have all her children and their spouses there together. I think that's everyone's dream, isn't it? (Haley now has 3 Matt's in her life--her husband, her father, and a nephew)

It had been raining on and off, but while we were outside afterwards, there wasn't any rain so we were able to have pictures taken (and it turns out that Heather and the photographer used to be in the same ward in Arizona and knew each other!). The rain started up again as we were finishing. We then went to the church building where the reception would be held in a few hours. We were treated to pizza and salad and had an absolutely wonderful time visiting.

Glen, Alan, and I left in the middle of the reception (about 3:15) to drive home in the on again, off again rain. We got in about 9:45 pm. So, 15 hours of driving for not quite 7 hours of family time. It was so worth it.


Today we had Testimony Meeting since next weekend is General Conference. It was one of the best Testimony meetings I have been to in a very long time. I don't know why I felt the Spirit so strongly for such a long time, but I did and it was marvelous. I did not stand and bear my testimony, but I was certainly thinking about what I would say if I did get up. One thing I know for sure, God meets us wherever we are and then invites us to take one step more. He is always inviting us--not forcing us--to improve, to become as He and Christ are.

 And lastly, because I was in a car last night, I was not able listen to the General Women's Broadcast live. I love how they are available on the internet immediately afterwards. I listened to it today. Pres. Uchtdorf is my favorite speaker and last night's talk did not disappoint. If you have not heard it, here are 2 convenient links for you. The first is just Pres. Uchtdorf's talk and the second is the whole broadcast:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/10?lang=eng&vid=3810258135001&cid=9

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/10?lang=eng&vid=3801615108001

Can't wait for General Conference next week!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your comments about testimony meeting and Women's Meeting. We missed you:) We were surprised to see you at church-we didn't think there would be any Perazzo's there! :)

    ReplyDelete