Glen and Alex were gone all week to scout camp--Camp Loll in Wyoming. Hannah was gone at least half the time, too, being with various friends at various places. I so enjoyed having the house to myself. When the kids were little it was a dream of mine--to be home all alone for a while. I know that soon enough that will be my status 99% of the time, but I enjoyed it and I hope that means I will in the future, too.
The Lodge at Camp Loll (and I thought my husband was camping!)
So, scary thing, Glen tells me that he slept in the medic's room in the lodge, like he did last year, because they have a generator for the lodge and he can plug in his C-PAP machine. However, the generator broke on Sunday, so Glen had to sleep that night without his machine. The camp director, who is LDS, was inspired to check on Glen in the night. He shook Glen awake. Glen, being in the medic's room, had a oximeter and he checked his oxygen and pulse rate...his pulse was 30 and his oxygen was at 51%. Yikes. Thankfully, a replacement rental generator was brought up on Monday and Glen had the use of his C-PAP machine the rest of the week. Don't know what would have happened if the camp director hadn't felt impressed to check on Glen, but we are awfully glad he did.
Alex had a wonderful time. He completed 2 merit badges (wood carving and orienteering) and 2 partials (rock climbing and personal fitness). He loved being Senior Patrol Leader as he got to help inspect the camp each day. They had a 10 mile hike where it only rained on them a little. Hopefully, someone will share with us their photos soon.
 |
| they made it back, safe and sound (and dirty) |
I spent most of my extra time reading books on health and nutrition. It was great. Except for the conflicting info they gave. So it was also frustrating. But great.
On Wednesday, Hannah and I went to Reno to a scholarship awards ceremony given by NV Energy. Hannah is one of 4 students from CCHS who received one of their $1000 scholarships. Her friend, VL, was there too, but not the other 2, Garrett and Erik.
 |
| Hannah was the 1st one called up (she's wearing a skirt I had made for me while on my mission in Uruguay, btw) |
 |
| Group photo of those recipients who attended the ceremony |
 |
| VL and Hannah |
 |
| back to my skirt that Hannah's wearing...I just figured out it's 30 years old now...wow |
While in Reno we did a little shopping and had a great time. Hannah found more things than I did--like a pair of used Bass leather boots for $15 (which she looked up online and a used pair was going for about $165), but I really love one of my finds at the thrift store Savers. They are 5" x 7" cross stitches of lighthouses in Oregon, one of them being the Cape Blanco Lighthouse, which is outside of Port Orford, about an hour away from my parent's house. We've visited it before. They will go in my bathroom, which has an ocean theme.
 |
| Yaquina Head, Cape Blanco, and Cape Arago lighthouses |
And it's that time again in the moon's orbit where it's close to the earth causing a "supermoon" for tonight's full moon. It's gorgeous.
 |
| the full moon over the new dairy barn |
It was a wonderful week. It's good to have everyone home again.
Rob calls it an "irrigating moon". And I looove savers. Their kids section is awesome too.
ReplyDelete