Glen and Alex were at scout camp all week. Hannah was gone half the time (to Auburn, CA, to Mammoth, NV, to Yerington, NV, to 2 different birthday parties, plus babysitting, dances classes and tennis practices), so I've had a lot of quiet time. It's been...quiet. Which is nice...for a while, at any rate.
Apparently there is a great photo of Alex climbing a rock wall...not a fake one, but a real wall of rock. I hope to get a hold of a copy of one so I can post it. Alex and Glen both had a wonderful time at camp.
I sewed a quilt for Alex's bunk bed as everything we had was too large for it. I used an idea I found on Pinterest--using jeans and flannel shirts. Well, I used flannel pajamas. Monday was Savers big 50% off of most everything sale. Hannah and I got there right after it opened and left 1 1/2 hours later just when it was starting to get full of people, so it was nice. I bought several pairs of men's blue flannel pajama bottoms to use, but in the end, only used one pair for the quilt.
The quilt isn't my best work, but it'll serve its purpose just fine. Notice what's under the bed if you can see that well...we took a bunk bed and removed the bottom bunk and put a bookcase and desk under there for Alex. The top bunk is for him to sleep, though when it's hot, he usually just sleeps on the floor.
There have been some gorgeous sunsets and sunrises lately. I didn't have my camera with me on the best sunset...the sun was a giant red ball setting over a mountain, but I did get some sunrises:
| sunrise on July 2nd |
| sunrise on July 6th |
I made another batch of cottage cheese this week and it came out great. I tried making ricotta, too, but that project was a failure. I tried the recipe where you use the whey from cheese making to make ricotta (which was the original way to make ricotta), but no cheese formed. :( Next time, I'll use the milk version and not the whey version.
I've enjoyed a few naps this week. I didn't get a photo of me napping, of course, but the cat looked funny with his head on a pillow, so I took a picture of him napping:
No comments:
Post a Comment