Thursday, February 21, 2013

And the winner of the Guess Where Ryan Is Going Game is his cousin Sarah!

Ryan has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Louisiana Baton Rouge mission, English speaking. He reports May 1st.

deep breath and sigh

Wow.

I was baptized almost 38 years ago (March 21, 1975) in Metairie, Louisiana (just west of New Orleans). So Ryan will be serving in the mission I was baptized in. I love it. I hope the humidity doesn't kill him.

Because of Ryan getting back from school on Saturday April 13th and Andrew's wedding on Thursday April 25th, That doesn't give us much time for Ryan to go to the temple to receive his own endowment. It's lined up for Friday April 19th at 6 pm.

Andrew and Heather's wedding is in 9 weeks. Ryan reports in 10 weeks--2 1/2 weeks after he gets back from college.

deep breath again

I was waiting till after Ryan's call to really concentrate on getting the wedding reception for Provo planned. I was thinking, because of how other mission calls were coming in that Ryan would report end of June or beginning of July. He had put May 1st as his first available date but we didn't think he'd go that soon.

Ryan's mission president will be President Jim M. Wall. Here is a link to his bio:
 http://www.louisianabatonrougemission.org/mission-president

Pres. Wall will be there for 14 months of Ryan's mission, and then in July 2014, a new mission president will come in for Ryan's last 10 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment