She flew to Reno on Friday night. We headed out to Oregon early Saturday and arrived around 2:40. Luckily, Dad was out walking his dog, Cricket, so Mom hid the car and we sat on the couch and waited. Dad walked in still listening to his audio book, so he didn't hear us giggling. Finally, he raised his head and looked at us for a few seconds with a totally blank look on his face. Then all of a sudden recognition dawned in his face and he slowly began to smile. He was very surprised and very happy to have us there. We were able to stay almost 48 hours. It was a GREAT visit.
The 2 highlights of his birthday were our visit and the fact that his New York Giants won their football game even though no one (including my Dad) thought they would.
| Dad and his birthday blueberry muffin |
| Dad and Mom at the harbor |
| It was rainy and misty while we were there and we loved it |
| The Loch Ness monster made an appearance |
| Cricket and Denise (sorry, I don't know how to get ride of pet "demon eyes") |
So, Denise and I arrived here Monday night, and first thing Tuesday morning I had to drive her to the airport so she could get home.
I arrived back in Fallon, we loaded up the car, and discovered we had a very flat tire...I had just bought brand new tires 5 days previously and was feeling frustrated that our trip was delayed. But Les Schwab got us back on the road quickly, so we weren't too far off scheduled.
Turned out to be OK because our delay in starting allowed us to miss some rain and bad traffic in between Salt Lake and Provo. We visited with Andrew, Heather, and even Sarah for a bit, before heading back to the hotel. Sadly, I had my camera in my purse and forgot to take any pictures.
Headed to Salt Lake and made it just a little bit early for our 9 am meeting with Elder Terry Brandon. We met with President Peterson, President of the Salt Lake Temple Square mission, which includes these young family history missionaries. Elder Brandon is not a mission president, but is directly over these young missionaries.
We were there for over 2 hours receiving a tour. It was FABULOUS. Glen and I want to sign up. We saw different areas in the family history library and met some of the young Elders, including one (Elder Tyler Duckworth) who asked us if we knew Andrew. Turns out Elder Duckworth and Andrew were in the same ward their freshman year at BYU.
I don't know how long it will take for them to get back to us, but we will hear from them relatively soon as to whether Eric is called to their mission or not.
If he is called, the first opening they have was January 4th...right when Ryan goes back to BYU-I with his cousin Jake as his new roommate. If they don't have any spots in January (Elder Brandon was just thinking off the top of his head), then February 1st would be the next start date.
After our meeting with Elder Brandon, Teresa met up with us and we took in a session in the Salt Lake Temple together. It was great. Teresa is a grandmother again...Bryce and his wife, Erika, had a baby girl, Ivy June, on Monday. Mother and baby are doing well.
So, I've had enough traveling for a while, but it sure was great.
| Here's one of the 3 rainbows we saw while heading into Utah |
| Teresa, Eric, and Beth |
| Glen, Eric, and Beth (didn't get one of him smiling) |
What a wonderful report! It's fun to hear about your exciting week!
ReplyDelete