First time: prom dress shopping with our daughter. Wow.
The prom was postponned a few months, but Hannah had already been shopping in Reno with a friend and had found a dress she really liked. Glen, Hannah, and I went and saw the dress. It was black and had some nice sparklies on it. I really liked it. Wish I had had my camera, but we didn't buy it. It would need to be altered and she would need a jacket for it, and even though the dress was on sale, it would be too expensive in the end.
***
Steve the kitten: I heard the story of Steve's miraculous life from her original family the other day. When Steve was born, they thought she wasn't going to make it...she wasn't breathing well at all (2 breaths a minute) and was growing cold. Becky was told that the kitten probably wouldn't make it. The fact that my feet get attacked by a playful kitten is a miracle. She's growing fat and doing fine.
***
First time: Eric will be going to the temple to receive his endowment on Saturday September 29th. Wow.
In 2 months he will be 21, so he can go through the temple before receiving his mission call (usually one a young man receives his mission call before setting up an appointment with the temple), but we are working on him being called to serve a family history mission in Salt Lake.
We're not sure of the time line, but don't think it will take too long for the paper work to be turned in. This would be a 2 year, living as a missionary (no TV, computers, etc) but not proselyting mission. We aren't sure of specifics, but some work might include filming records in Salt Lake's granite mountain and doing some work on computers. What work on computers, I don't rightly know. But we are very excited. So is Eric.
***
Ryan bought a nerf gun. Four of his 5 roommates bought nerf guns. Every college student needs a nerf gun. I think he's getting some homework done, too.
***
I've gone to my first couple of my mosaic/stained glass class and last time we started cutting glass tiles to practice for our projects. Glass chips were flying everywhere and our shapes were a bit funky, but I think I got the hang of it and I'm looking forward to getting started on my project.
as for the dress, check out the thrift stores. and i would be happy to help with alterations.
ReplyDelete