Sunday, September 18, 2011

the last few weeks

Andrew--tried out for the BYU comedy troupe Divine Comedy. There were 120 who tried out and only 20 made it to the semi-finals. Andrew was one of the 20! Alas, he did not make it into the final round of 6, but we are super-thrilled that he made it as far as he did.

Click here to see some of Divine Comedy's work (http://www.divinecomedy.net/videos/)

Having 3 English classes, he says he spends a lot of time reading.

Eric--Eric says he has nothing to report at this time (actually when I asked him what I could put on the blog, he mumbled something and I don't know how to spell it but it was something like 'mpbuthhtmp').

Ryan--took the ACT. He is enjoying being on the tennis team (season's almost over). He is about to start piano lessons (after years of asking he finally gets to have some!).

Hannah--is now the school board rep for the schools (taking over Ryan's spot from last year) which means she reports once a month at the school board meetings on the activities of our schools. She is also enjoying being on the tennis team. She and Jamee won their doubles match on Tuesday in Incline Village (6-2)! She will be in the cast of the fall musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Alex--is a 5th grader who goes with a classmate to 6th grade math. He has about 3 weeks to go before his 11th birthday, when he'll leave cub scouts behind and become a boy scout. He has almost finished his arrow of light award requirements. He'll be our first boy to earn that award. He's also enjoying his piano lessons.

Glen--has had a change in the title of his church calling, though not in his duties. He is now the 1st counselor in the Stake Young Men's Presidency instead of the 2nd. He will continue working in the scouting program as his main duty. He is working on designing and building the set for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which will be performed in November.

Beth--I am into listening to books on tape while cleaning and driving (youth fiction seems the safest bet and is a lot of fun) and busy working on family history. My family history blog will have its first anniversary on September 23rd. I thought I was going to do just one more post, but now feel like I need to keep going. I am currently filling in some dates and perhaps finding some unknown children that were born and died in between census years.

So, life continues as usual. A few fun things happening, but a lot of the same routine going on as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! If you are able to listen to books on tape, I think that is a sign that your kids are growing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Hannah, "GREAT JOB!" for me. I'm proud of her.

    ReplyDelete