Saturday, May 21, 2011

Glen's birthday and Andrew's package home

Glen had his 48th birthday on Thursday. He's, of course, still younger than I am, but I still tease him about his age a bit. From us he got a new hammock (which turns out to be too small for our hammock frame, so we are going to have to find a way of lengthening the ends), a pair of jeans, and new pajamas (so he'll look nice for all our summer traveling). His parents gave him some (much needed) work pants. You know you're an adult when you are happy to get pants for your birthday. And he was.

On Friday, which marked 6 weeks until Andrew will be coming home, I received a Mother's Day gift from him:

Apparently he took one of his shirts and cut out the area around the front pocket and he framed it, put in the missionary planner from the beginning of his mission, his name tag, and a pen. Quite funny, if you ask me. It reminds me of the Christmas stocking I made for him out of a white shirt...

Anyway, last Wednesday was Andrew's last transfer day in the mission field 'cause next transfer he gets to fly home (July 1st 10:20 am into Reno...you're all invited to come and welcome him home). As we guessed, his companion, Elder Ray, was transferred out, and Andrew will continue on as Zone Leader with a new companion. We'll find out in Monday's email who his new companion is and where he's from. Six weeks, ladies and gentlemen. I've begun my countdown... hopefully Andrew hasn't and is able to keep his head in his mission.

Eric had 5 finals this week and turned in his last English paper at 10:30 last night. Done for the semester. Phew.

Glen, Ryan, Hannah, and Alex (and I) have 2 weeks left of school...we are so ready for the school year to be over (especially Glen and me). Then Ryan will be a Senior. I feel like freaking out a little over that one.

And to finish up today's post, a little info: at this point it looks like Glen should have the same teaching schedule next year as he does this year...first 4 classes teaching theatre at the High School then 2 at the Junior High.

No comments:

Post a Comment