Monday, January 10, 2011

sweet deals

We have a niece who likes to post on her blog the "sweet" deals she's made, so when I went to my favorite thrift store Savers and found some great stuff, I immediately thought of Calista.

So, what did I get that I'm so excited about? Well, I had 2 main items on my Christmas wish list: a pressure cooker and an electric crepe maker. I got the cooker, but of course the crepe maker couldn't be found in town. I was expecting that and thought that I'd eventually look online for one. Now I don't have to. I bought one for $8...just wish it had been a half-price tag, but I guess I am content with $8 instead of $4.

I also bought a pair of jeans for $3.50. I usually only have one nice pair at a time and I misplaced mine several weeks ago. I've been wearing holey ones hoping to come across my "real" ones. I now have a nice pair that fits me better than the other pair, but the mystery remains: what on earth happened to my other jeans???

What else did I get? Over $35 worth of brand new Creative Memories products for $2! It was a tape runner, refill blades for my cutting system, a corner rounder, and a mini-stapler. Very exciting.


Now to see the crepe maker in action. You pour the batter into a shallow plate, heat up the maker, turn it upside down and dip it into the batter, turn it back over, wait a few seconds, then peel off the crepe. We made dessert crepes using cherry pie filling and reddi-whip, which were really good. But the favorite seemed to be the nutella and banana crepes. Fabulous.

Hannah in action--dipping the maker into the batter


a cherry crepe

Now, totally unrelated, we had some pogonip the other morning. It was much more impressive in town than it was here, but here is some frosted milkweed.

Coming soon: photos from Andrew's mission!

Yes, after being out for 18 months, he has finally sent a memory chip home...with over 600 photos on it. I have yet to download it and see all the goodies, but that should happen soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet deal! I love great finds at thrift stores! Congrats!

    Now I want crepes with nutella and bananna...

    ReplyDelete