Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Annie" and my talented kids

Workshops for the Jr High and High School's combined cast for the musical "Annie" were Monday and Tuesday. Tryouts were Wednesday. Callbacks were Thursday...Hannah was 1 of 8 called back for the roll of Annie and Eric was 1 of 4 called back for Daddy Warbucks. Glen said they had 100 tryout, so that's pretty good that they made it to call backs.

Even though Eric was willing to shave his head, they gave the roll to another. Should I pretend to be sad? I guess I am a little bit. But Eric gets to be President Roosevelt and another character.

Jamee Wohle, one of Hannah's friends, will be Annie. Hannah will be "Duffy," who's an orphan. I envisioned Hannah wanting to cut and perm her beautiful red hair for the roll of Annie...so glad she won't as I can't picture that!

Any talent in singing and acting and the desire to be on the stage must come from Glen (though if they can inherit some things from my sister that's a possibility, too), because they certainly didn't get it from me.

Way to go kids!!!

3 comments: